The history of our house
Our house might be - according to the architecture - one of the oldest in Längenfeld. There is a room on the first floor which shows the date 1639 and the inscription „Ulrich Kain und Anna Holzknochtin“.
The Hotel Stern is owned by family Gstrein since 1897, when Alois Gstrein purchased it. He let it for rent to Martin Brugger and afterwards gave it to his oldest son Edmund Gstrein in 1922.
Edmund Gstrein died in 1954 without last will. So in the following years his children were running the hotel in common. In 1964 the oldest son of Edmund Gstrein, Albin Gstrein, was running the hotel and the business very successfully. He invested lots of money in the renovation of the house.
In 1992 Michael Gstrein, son of Albin Gstrein took over the business. He married his wife Karin, nee Seelos in 1994.
With great enthusiasm and enjoyment they now run the hotel together with their children Katharina, Anna-Theresa and Maximilian.